Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sub

There are days when I feel like I'm devolving. Thin patience et al.

Last night as I walked toward the exercise room, I didn't see Donna but I saw the sub.

Last time I saw the sub, I retreated but this time I held my ground. I knew from Donna that she had gone to, at least, one workshop. I had also seen her outside of a yoga studio as I experimented and found my way via back streets to Trader Joe's.

Had I not heard about the workshop, I still would have stayed. People change. Something that I realize a lot lately...

The sub's class was well put together and I found it extremely refreshing.

Liked this asana called sunbird...taking a drink of water which was really a push-up in disguise.

At the end of class, she told me that my practice had gotten better and specifically mentioned how well I did with planks. She also mentioned that she hadn't seen me in a while. I smiled because compliments have that effect and because there was a part of me that wanted to say that her practice had gotten better.

*Photo credit: Lori T. Purk

No comments:

Post a Comment