Monday, September 22, 2014

It Takes Three

Went for a walk yesterday while listening to Yael Shy on a Meditate This! podcast. I liked it when Shy said that So much of our life is spent fighting life. When I listen to podcasts like Meditate This!, Kripalu Perspectives or On Being, I just feel so at home.

Rearranged my schedule yesterday for a number of reasons. I usually cross the river to visit my folks but I was pretty sure that I had a bad wheel bearing and didn't want to put any excessive miles on my car.

Took Gloria's vinyasa flow class then walked and bicycled somewhere in between then went to a restorative class and realized for the umpteenth time that I love restorative yoga. Max told us that she originally trained for hot yoga and I thought about how I did hot yoga for a year. Still can't believe that I practiced in those conditions. Max went on to say we're not here for this and we're not here for that. We're here to create peace of mind. I am so down for the peace of mind cause; sign me up anytime.

At one point in class, Max came around and asked May I help you relax? That's a question that you don't need to even ask. Just proceed.

Two and a half hours later, I headed to a Yoga Nidra class that I've wanted to try.
Yoga Nidra means yogic sleep, a state of conscious deep sleep for extreme relaxation and subtler spiritual exploration. 
The main thing that popped into my mind during YN was how I have a tendency to try to keep "it" together because the fear is that if I break down, I will never be able to pull myself back together again. And, ironically, I saw this on Twitter yesterday.




Slept beautifully last night and was a tad bit weepy when I woke up. Overall, after taking three yoga classes, I felt ready. Not sure for what but I felt ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment