Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Reasons

Lovely in the Backyard
Got up later than I wanted to but headed to the DMV anyway because it's time to pay the piper a.k.a. the Department of Revenue for my new set of wheels.

Haven't been to the DMV in ages but it was no surprise when I got there at 9:30 a.m. and the joint was packed. As I signed in via a computer wondered about older people and, sure enough, this one woman cried out for help because the touch screen was not cooperating.

Waited for 30 minutes then decided that I didn't want to miss Zumba so I headed home and made an appointment online. Didn't see the appointment option the first time I looked on the website...

While waiting for the Zumba party to start, I was looking at my iPod when this woman walked over to me and handed me a mesh hair wrap. I had asked her, during another class, about her wrap. She doesn't know my name and I don't know her name and that was just super sweet for her to think about me. I offered to pay for the wrap but she quickly nixed the offer...

Got a text to tell me that my DMV appointment was nearing. As I stood in the office, got another text saying that my appointment had been removed but if I still wanted to keep the appointment, I should respond but when I did, got a text saying that the office was closed. Ha-ha, not. Talked to one of the clerks and she helped me out. When I left the DMV, it was 15 minutes before closing time and there were still a packed house...

Ran errands then tackled the lawn. Last time I cheated by just cutting the front and even though that was two weeks ago, the front needed to be cut again.

Still have a lot to get done but that's the way it goes. Saw this quote today:
Life grows lovely where you are. -Mathilde Blind
Before watching Downton Abbey, the 'Fugee and I watched a couple of Prince videos (the clip with James Brown, Michael Jackson and Prince) and one from the Dave Chappelle Show. Kept trying to think about why, out of all the performers, Prince is the one that really spoke to me and I think one of the reasons is that he gave space to women like Sheila E. I never tire of Glamorous Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment