Monday, May 23, 2016

The Good Things

Fantasy camp -- that's what the weekend feels like when I allow myself to think about all the good things that I manage to do without fretting about the unchecked items on my to-do list.

The notion of fantasy camp usually leads me to episode 55, The Visa, of Seinfeld when Kramer goes to a baseball fantasy camp and George has the following response:
Kramer goes to a fantasy camp? His whole life is a fantasy camp! People should plunk down $2,000 to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass backwards in the money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating; now that's a fantasy camp.
I could get used to three-day weekends and back-to-back days of yoga.

Joy asked us if there was anything that we wanted to work on tonight and this woman answered core work -- her usual answer.  Another woman said that she was going to say core work as well but didn't want to "upset" anyone. It was kind of funny when the very people who asked for core worked started verbally protesting.

For the record, I will never ask for core work in a yoga class. I can do core work at home. I'm all about the gentle things while practicing yoga but I do recognize that not everyone has the same yoga goals...

One goal that I have is how to make fantasy camp extend deeper into the week. I've been watching Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown again. Like what this restaurant owner in Thailand said -- "That's why I've done it for 17 years and don't feel dispirited."

No comments:

Post a Comment