Monday, June 6, 2016

You Tell The Body

From the pages of Yoga Journal
My morning reading included Yoga and Spa Magazine plus the March Yoga Journal. Wanted to make sure that I'd read all of the latter before I passed it on to someone else.  It was totally worth the re-read just for this line:
"When you take a deep breath, you tell the body to relax," explains Erin Byron, co-author of Yoga Therapy for Stress & Anxiety...
I was in a superb mood this morning, had Adele's Hello in my head. In fact, I had a soundtrack in my head for a half the day -- Diana Ross, Little Richard, Prince etc.

After six months of not doing so, thought it was time to step on the scale. It makes sense that I've been having a hard time hauling myself up while climbing. The number on the scale wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it's definitely not good either. If I can knock off 10 to 15 pounds, that would be great.

Went to yoga tonight -- my third day in a row of practicing. Got home and had a message that my aunt Girt was on her way. She was trying to help someone else and couldn't figure out how to access then print documents. I was expecting to chill out after yoga but...

Another page...

Yesterday my aunt G had me chuckling because she wanted to know why I hadn't come up with an Airbnb-like idea so that she can live out her old age in comfort. I think about that all the time -- that I haven't found a true niche.

2 comments:

  1. " It makes sense that I've been having a hard time hauling myself up while climbing. The number on the scale wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it's definitely not good either." Yeah, that's how I've felt at recent doctor appointments. It would be so much easier to run if I wasn't carrying an additional 100 pounds or so...

    Aunt G - I've actually had one or two brilliant ideas in my time, but never had the expertise or chutzpah to carry them out! In the days before The Internet was quite so accessible, I came up with the idea for a service that would back up your files, remotely, because most people couldn't afford storage or bandwidth, which used to be very expensive. It would have been a short-lived business, but a lucrative one. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, yeah, I try not to let my mind do the "What it would be like game...?" too much regarding weight because it would carry over into more activities -- same thing with the brilliant ideas.

    Just read an article about the creator of the Dharma Yoga Wheel. Sweet idea...

    ReplyDelete