Thursday, June 30, 2016

What Do You Plan To Do?

Throwback to Flashback Friday... I'm still making my way through Mary Oliver's New and Selected Poems. I've been having a time getting into Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale so I set it aside and started reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves which has been on my bookshelf forever. Read about Litsy the other day. Not sure that it's the answer to keeping tracking of what I've read and what I want to read but I've downloaded the app but dread coming up with yet another password.

"Who made the world? Who made the swan, and the black bear? Who made the grasshopper? This grasshopper, I mean--the one who has flung herself out of the grass, the one who is eating sugar out of my hand, who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down -- who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes. Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face. Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away. I don't know exactly what a prayer is. I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass, how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields, which is what I have been doing all day. Tell me, what else should I have done? Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" #MaryOliver #Poetry #PoetryGram #FriendGram #BicyclingGram #FBF to that time on the #STL Riverfront Trail when a grasshopper flung itself from my shoulder to Elastigirl's @66pinkpoodle who wasn't screaming.
A photo posted by Andrea (@andrea_mw) on




No comments:

Post a Comment