Monday, October 24, 2016

I Am Not Those People

This woman...
I was torn between going bicycling with Alison or Patti on Sunday.

Patti has been inviting me to bicycle for a while and when someone asks me several times to do something, I think that they like my company or there might be another agenda. Patti also recently moved so maybe she wanted me to see her house. I said yes and met her for bicycling. Had the meeting point been closer, Alison would have gone.

I had to remind myself that it's good to mix-up things and do something different. I also got a glimpse of my past as I passed the exit that I used to take to go to hot yoga...

Patti offered me a helmet which I declined then she said that she didn't know what she would do if I had an accident and split my head open. I told her First, call an ambulance.

We set out and what I noticed about Patti and her other rider folks is that they don't do much pausing and I am definitely a stop-and-smell-the-roses-then-take-pictures-of-them-kind-of-rider. I should also say that Patti clips into her pedals so I'm sure that's one reason that she doesn't want to do a lot of stopping.

We did about 17.5 miles. When I'm in the car and notice mileage, I always give myself a little mental pat on the back for the miles that I rack up on bike  all the time knowing that there are people who put much more mileage on their bikes. But I am not those people. Therefore, back-patting.

I sighed, not pitifully, a few times and I had to dig deep to finish that bike ride. I think another factor was not knowing the trail and, therefore, not knowing landmarks so that I could gauge how close we were to finishing our ride.

Had a little post-ride lemonade kombucha with Patti then stopped by Aldi to pick up fruit then headed home to make chili. More back-patting.

On another note, I am about to throw in the towel as far as uncluttering goes. I'm feeling stuck and haven't really started. I remember reading something about not being afraid to ask for help. Think it's about that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment