Tuesday, October 11, 2016

With A Single Lap

By chance I looked at the swimming pool's website and discovered that open swim time was slated to change today. It's no fun arriving at the pool early because the deck is hot and, you know, time...

Tonight was one of those nights; I didn't know if I'd be able to swim one lap.  After said lap, I noticed that this guy had climbed down into the lane. He asked me if I was swimming for time or distance and I asked him about his goals and he said that he planned to swim a mile.

The pool wasn't crowded so I wondered why he was still standing in "my" lane until he mentioned the water temperature which was a degree or two cooler than last week. It had taken me about five minutes before I found the courage to submerge. Glad that I paused before making assumptions about lane sharing.

It was good and energizing to have Mr. Mile in the lane next to me. His question about my intentions made me dig in and swim a little longer than I had planned to...

Saw an article about Turia Pitt posted on Twitter. She is all kinds of inspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment