Saturday, October 1, 2016

Giving Myself Credit

One of my aunts texted me last night to see if I wanted to go to the Sista Strut. I didn't even know that there was such a walk but declined. It had been a long week and I knew that I would not make it downtown by 8:00 a.m.

As it turned out, I crawled out of bed at 10. Nixed Zumba because I didn't have that kind of energy but I did walk in Forest Park for about three miles.  

Forecast at Forest Park
Last night dreamed that someone knocked on the door twice and I told them to go away. Later, I went outside and saw that there was a car that had been hit and on the other side of the car,  people were practicing yoga. When I looked at my car, I could see that it had been hit and that the person who knocked on the door was the obvious hitter but he took off upon spotting me. I was able to get the license plate number but not the make and model of the car. Weird dream...

Before I went to the park, I went to the bank and wanted change a specific way but the woman only had part of what I wanted and I told her that I would accept "x" instead of "y" but she said I'm going to give you what you want.

Sometimes the simplest of responses resonate with me. I really like the notion of getting what I ask for and I'm going to work on not settling.

Listened to an episode of The Moth as I walkedI don't want to give away the whole story but it, "George Lombardi & Mary Navarre," was, in part, about getting what you want. This Moth story gave me goosebumps as did two stories in the Phone Call, Flamenco, Surprise Party. The story that really shook me to the core was Auburn Sandstrom's; I found it so moving...

On another note, I'm not going to do a month-end review but will say that I am proud of myself for swimming a mile, getting back on my bike and going back to the climbing gym. My first visit to the climbing gym was god-awful so I'm definitely giving myself credit for going back yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment