Wednesday, July 19, 2017

To Tame Or Not...

I used to be able to resist the siren call of the all-staff email announcing leftover cookies and cakes but it's been calling my name lately. Didn't even eat it at work -- brought it home. Somehow, I need to regroup...

There's been ongoing excessive heat advisories so I've had to resort to at-home exercise again -- not my favorite thing to do right now. Went to yoga yesterday and really enjoyed class. During savasana I was conscious but not and experienced a little float-like feeling just as the teacher started talking us back into an upright position.

Outdoor yoga was canceled today because of the heat and, last night, one of my colleagues texted me our Zumba teacher's Facebook "Sub Alert" post. I had really been looking forward to going to his class. The city pool has extended hours on Wednesday so I decided to go and it was such a nice evening. I kept telling myself "10 more minutes. 10 more minutes..."

Magical Evening at the Pool
As I read Gingerzingi's comment about Lisa Stansfield's song, it occurred to me that I should make a "vacation" playlist. Haven't been to La Jolla in a long time but whenever I hit that town, I am inspired to sing You're Beautiful and, in general, being by water makes me sing Otis Redding. Will have to think about, at least, seven other songs for this playlist. In the meantime, I also need to work on taming my wanderlust but I'm not sure if a vacation playlist is going to help me out with that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment