Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pledge

The song is my head right now is All Around The World by Lisa Stanfield...

I'm not sure why my brain associates songs with things that people say and whatnot but I heard so much Balkan music while traveling that the soundtrack in my head changed from English language songs and I found myself singing the few Bosnian ones that I know.

When I returned to work, I had the situation below waiting for me. So sweet -- even without the apple strudel and I enjoyed the world map napkins.



Something that was not sweet -- returning to a toxic coworker. I had an internal debate with myself before I concluded that I need to do everything in power, self-care wise, so that I don't behave in the bitter manner that my coworker does. I will get to as many yoga classes as possible, take as many lavender-infused salt baths, swim as many miles as it takes and walk as far as possible before I get to the point where I'm constantly spewing unhappiness on others...

Love the Instagram post below but, of course, I want both -- the actual retreat and mind retreat.

A post shared by Rewire Me (@rewireme) on

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the toxic co-worker and full of admiration that your concern is to not be that way yourself. I'm going to remember your example when I'm dealing with TGEH. I don't want my distaste for him to affect other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love that Lisa Stanfield song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I wish that the toxic one would leave but that's not going to happen anytime soon; deep breath (s)...plus strategy.

    ReplyDelete