Saturday, July 1, 2017

Crossing Bridges

There's nothing like taking pictures on vacation to give you an accurate how much weight you've gained.

I like to tell the 'Fugee, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it and that bridge will appear when I get home...

Went to the grocery store this morning and three feet separated me from the shelf that I was looking at. Somehow, it was still enough space for this woman to step, precisely, in front of me. I found her invasion quite amusing...

The 'Fugee's childhood friend, "A," joined us in Omis and I was a bit nervous even though I'd met her before. One of the things that I worried about was my night owlness. I usually don't get sleepyhead until around midnight or later.

The minute that I got up, "A" opened the doors which cracked me up... In Mostar the 'Fugee and I stayed with one of her other friends and the windows let in every ray of light that existed but I'm trying to go with the flow and if I am awakened before I normally get up, so be it...

Being in Europe reminds me of friends who used to stay in a big house in North St. Louis but moved to Baltimore. The wife said that they had gone from having beaucop space to spitting on each other...

Today the 'Fugee asked me how my tolerance was for Balkan music at this point and I told her that it was starting to get to me a bit but I'm in Rome sooooo...

We went to a cafe that we hadn't planned on going to but went to get out of the rain. There were these two little girls with their grandmothers and one, Marietta, kept stealing looks at me. When I smiled at her, she shyly smiled back. Marietta was so sweet. The other grandchild was a bit saucier and finally asked Who is the lady in the all black dress? So cute. Both girls were about four, I think...

View by the cafe and Mirabella Fortress


My day started off in the courtyard. I ate breakfast in my favorite seat, a swing, read my book, watched the sea and, eventually, we went to the beach and I got in despite the cooler temperatures. I feel like I have to take advantage of every opportunity that I have to swim in the open water -- especially as my trip winds down...

Our Beach Condo

At some point, "A" went to get crepes for us and I asked the 'Fugee if she needed help but "A" had told her no then the 'Fugee quickly added "When a Bosnian says no, it doesn't mean no." LOL...


No comments:

Post a Comment