Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Looking At The Black Line Or The Ceiling

What do you think about when you swim? one of my coworkers, who also swims, wanted to know.

Nothing, I responded.

I backtracked because nothing was not completely true.

When I'm doing the front crawl, I concentrate on breathing and pushing my chest down. When I'm doing the back crawl, I make sure that my arms stay close to my ears. I also aim to flip my hands at the right moment.

When I'm resting, I might chitchat with a lane neighbor or two. Otherwise, I'm looking at the black line or the ceiling, enjoying the quiet time and the water.

Today was a record-breaking day. I swam the front crawl seven times at 25 yards without stopping.

One of these days I'll be so at ease doing the FC...

No comments:

Post a Comment