Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Month-End Review, August: The Saga Continues

It's hard to believe that a month ago I was doing the Month-End Review from Las Vegas. A month ago, wow...

Today marks the 62nd day that I've exercised without skipping a beat. I hadn't planned on going that long but I continue to see milestones and, well, I find it hard to stop.

I was reading around the blogosphere and saw a post over at The Great Fitness Experiment about exercising too much. I swear, it's hard to know what to do at times. It's like those studies that say that coffee is bad for you then there's some discovery about the miraculous healing powers of coffee.

Patti, my dear belayer, said that she didn't see anything wrong with exercising every day -- as long as you mix things up.

I faced a tough decision a few hours ago. There was my usual Tuesday Cardio and Muscle Class, rock climbing and swimming on the table. It was a nail-biter but I went with swimming (miss you ladies of Cardio and Muscle; miss you Patti) because I felt like it would be my last opportunity to swim outdoors. I knew that the water would be chilly too because it never reached 90 degrees and temps are headed downhill from here. I'm glad I went swimming since it was so peaceful.

Here are other decisions that I made this month:

10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix

  • Power Yoga, 1 x



  • 10 Minute Solution: Fitness Ball Workouts

  • Ultra Stretch, 1 x



  • Upper Body, 2 x's




  • 10 Minute Solution: Quick Sculpt Pilates

  • Strength and Flexibility, 1 x




  • 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results fat burner

  • Extreme Intervals, 1 x

  • Low Impact Fat Blaster, 1 x

  • Power Sports Drill, 2 x's

  • Rapid Results Kickboxer, 1 x




  • 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!

  • Stretching, 9 x's

  • (I love stretching with props.)



    Bicycling, 4 x's



    Cardio and Muscle Class, 3 x's



    Crunch: Candelight Yoga (Energizer), 1 x



    Lawn Mowing, 1 x



    Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training

  • 15-Minute Upper Body Circuit, 2 x's




  • Rock Climbing, 12 x's (approximately 106 routes)



    Step and Interval Class, 1 x



    Swimming, 8 x's



    Walking, 7 x's



    Yardwork, 1 x



    Zen to Den: 20 Mins Yoga (Exercise TV with Jennifer Galardi), 1 x


    How was your August?




    Disclaimer: I received 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results fat burner without charge.

    4 comments:

    1. wow you swim a lot in the summer! I have been a slug since coming home from maui and have just walked a few miles a couple of days and swam once.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think "too much" exercise depends on your reasons for doing it. I know that Fitness Experiment girl (and others) have written about their exercise bulimia, that they're just substituting exercise for an eating disorder, and doing it in the same compulsive, self-hating belief. Which is hugely different from exercising because you discover that you love it and you love yourself. Polar opposites! So I think if you're not in denial about your emotions and your reasons, then you're just plain kicking a55!

      p.s. when you wrote "...rock climbing and swimming on the table" I understood it as "swimming on an actual table." Huh? What weird kind of new activity is that??

      My August was way better than my July, that's for sure.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Go you! I've gone a few weeks before with no breaks, but 62 days in a row? Wow!

      I've been working to get back in shape slowly because I was able to jog about 45 minutes without stopping before my surgery. After surgery I could go 15, now I'm up to 20. Yay!

      ReplyDelete
    4. @midlife_swimmer,

      I hardly equate you with the word slug. You rock it out so much that I'm sure you needed the break. ;)



      @gingersnapper,

      That's what I love about my fellow bloggers -- perspective. And, yeah, I do enjoy exercising.

      I'm surprised that no one has invented swimming on a table. After all, there is such a thing as aqua climbing now.

      Congrats on your August accomplishments.



      @Sara,


      Yay for progress! Before you know it, you'll be back up to 45 minutes...

      ReplyDelete