Monday, June 4, 2012

Plan B

Even though I signed up for boxing class online, got there and was told that the class schedule had been changed. Getting to class and not being able to exercise is like dropping the last piece of a Clif bar or going to Local Harvest for a veggie burger and discovering that they are closed because of a special meeting. Notice the food references?

I had been at home for 90 minutes waiting for boxing class to start. What to do before my momentum took a complete nosedive? It was too muggy for a walk but not quite warm enough for a swim. I finally decided on 30 minutes of cardio then left to catch my p.m. yoga class.

Donna: Let it all go -- at least for an hour...The only one that you should be concerned with is you on your mat...Every body is different. Some people are tall. Some people are short...Some people have been practicing for 15 minutes and some people have been practicing for years...My mother was one of the first yoga teachers in St. Louis so I've been practicing for a long time...Yoga also made my mother a very mellow mom...
That must have been cool -- having a mellow mom...Donna always tells us not to do anything that hurts and that she can modify any pose. As we started to do tree pose, Donna said that we could hold on to the wall or something if we needed to and I saw the sole man in class jokingly hold on to his wife then they both smiled at each other.

2 comments:

  1. "Getting to class and not being able to exercise is like dropping the last piece of a Clif bar or going to Local Harvest for a veggie burger and discovering that they are closed because of a special meeting" --- LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense that you've experienced something similar. :)

    ReplyDelete