Monday, October 19, 2009

Encounter With A.C. LaRocco

It was a beautiful day for a bike ride and it felt so good to be jacketless.

Before I hit the trail, I ate a Soyjoy bar and an apple. If there had been more food around, I probably would have kept going.

Here are some highlights from Grant's Trail:







I didn't make anything for dinner this weekend so I went to the store after bicycling. I had planned to get a rotisserie chicken for the main portion of the program but the store didn't have any and I didn't feel like going to another store. I'm becoming a bit neurotic about food so I wandered and wandered around the grocery store. I finally settled on an A.C. LaRocco Tomato and Feta Pizza and five lettuce salad mix.


I was amused that A.C. LaRocco also suggests wines as well.

For my tomato and feta, LaRocco recommends Crisp Light Red: Italian Valpolicella, Dry Rose or Light Syrah.

Cheese & Garlic: Full Body: Italian Barbera, Cabernet, Merlot, Chianti

Garden Vegetarian: Light Crisp Dry: Pino Grigio, NW Sauvignon Blanc

Greek Sesame: Dry Pungent White: New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or Rich Fruity: California Zinfandel
The fresh tomatoes, sun ripened dried tomatoes, mozzarella and feta cheeses, garlic and basil hit the right spot. I also warmed up some Pictsweet three peppers because, yeah, I am sometimes too lazy to cut peppers and add seasoning. I also wanted more filler food.

No comments:

Post a Comment