Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Breath-taking Antagonism

You Can Heal Your Life is suggested reading in Happiness for Dummies and my friend, Hazira, has a version of this book, Heal Your Body so it was already on my radar.

When I went to visit Lori, another friend, the book was on the countertop and we started looking through it together.

I had gone to retrieve You Can Heal Your Life from the library when I almost busted my kneecap. Ironic, ain't it?

I decided to request You Can...because Lori and I had such a fun time looking through the little blue book (Heal Your Body) portion of it.

I was gonna read the whole book but, alas, my interest was mainly with the blue book portion of it.

What had Lori and I laughing?

Problem:

Eczema

Probable Cause:

Breath-taking antagonism. Mental eruptions.

New Thought Pattern:

Harmony and peace, love and joy surround me and indwell me. I am safe and secure.


* * *



Disclosure: I'm not much for affirmations of this sort but I still found the probable causes interesting.


* * *



Problem:

Alcoholism

Probable Cause:

"What's the use?" Feeling of futility, guilt, inadequacy. Self-rejection.

New Thought Pattern:

I live in the now. Each moment is new. I choose to see my self-worth. I love and approve of myself.

* * *



Problem:

Blackheads

Probable Cause:

Small outbursts of anger.

New Thought Pattern:

I calm my thoughts and I am serene.


* * *


Problem:

Vomiting

Probable Cause:

Violent rejection of new ideas. Fear of the new.

New Thought Pattern:

I digest life safely and joyously. Only good comes to me and through me.

* * *


I actually have something that I cannot heal right now. I started feeling off on Sunday and it's been downhill since then. I've been mostly horizontal, headachy and enduring chills (Mental contraction, pulling away and in. Desire to retreat. "Leave me alone."). My eyeballs even hurt. I can't remember the last time that I was sick like this and I'm hoping whatever my body is trying to shake off will make its exit soon. I can't take too much more of aching.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling good :(

    I noticed your book mentioned didn't have a probable cause or healing thoughts for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself chick. Live in the now, calm your thoughts, digest safely, but also take some ibuprofen and chicken soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura I., @midlife_swimmer, @gingersnapper,

    Ladies, thanks. I'm feeling better and able to hold my head up which is a major improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. booooo. there are lots of nasties going around right now. i hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon.
    give your body and mind some rest. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,

    Thanks a lot. I'm feeling more like myself now. And, boy, did my body take the rest it needed...

    ReplyDelete