Thursday, February 24, 2011

Giggling In The Gym

I hadn't been rock climbing since Feb. 13th when I first started feeling odd and then oddness turned into illness.

I wondered if I would have enough energy to climb but I actually spent more energy trying to cough into my shirt rather than on people.

After I climbed this one route and was huffing and puffing when my feet hit the ground, Mike said Is it good to be back?

It was good and it felt good to ascend a formidable route without feeling lethargic.

Climber to friend: You're safe because yadda yadda yadda...

Me: Is that what you tell everyone who climbs with you?
Then we all reassured the newbie that she was safe as all get out.

As Jeremy headed out of the gym, he told Patti and me: You two were awful giggly tonight. Every time I heard giggling in the gym, I looked up and you two were in some corner with your heads together -- giggling.

Jeremy was just mad because he didn't get his giggle on.

As I got ready to ascend my last route, Patti showed me her calluses. I showed her mine which were illuminated by chalk.

Patti: Your calluses are cool.

Me: I only have them because I maintain a death grip on the wall.

Patti: (Demonstrates her climbing style.)
When I grow up, I'm going to climb pitter-patter style like Patti...


Route Tally for Feb. 24th:

Rumpelstiltskin, 5.6
Coffee Stout, 5.8
The Letter Eye, 5.8
Jack and The Beanstalk, 5.9
Rodeo Clowns, 5.9
The End of 2010, 5.9 (Attempted)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are all the way better soon, girlie. You've been sick for so long! Glad you are back on the wall.

    "Is that what you tell everyone who climbs with you?" NICE. that poor woman will probably never climb again, Giggle-Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for giggling in the gym! Like being back on your favorite playground.

    Hope you get to all the way better soon too. I'm still wheezing a little myself but it's mostly just sniffly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gingersnapper,

    Hee-hee. The poor woman looked a little wary but not terrified.



    @Laura I.,

    Isn't it cool to be able to enjoy yourself while working out?

    Thanks for the well wishes and I hope that you're back to 100% soon too.

    ReplyDelete