Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feeling Human Again

Not sure what I had but it certainly wasn't common. Thought I had made it over the hump on Wednesday but I hadn't. Went to work on Friday, left around 1 p.m. since I was sitting in my office with a coat on and resisting the urge to put a cap on. Essentially, I got straight in the bed and didn't really emerge until this morning around 9:30. Somewhere in between, I got warmer, shed two layers of clothes and started to feel somewhat human again.

For this bout, coffee did not taste good. I also had to leave Echinacea tea alone. Ditto for Ricola. I continued to down "Emergen-C" even though it started to taste bitter too.

I lost my appetite and/or slept through meals, took more ibuprofen than I've taken in a year and wondered about people who are in chronic pain. Oranges totally saved the day when I could get something down.

I missed swimming on Tuesday, weights on Wednesday and my usual rock climbing session today.

I feel as if my muscles have turned to mush.

On Wednesday, I kept thinking if I could only get out in the sun (it was 68), I'd be okay -- must have been delirium setting in because I never made it outside.

I feel as if I've rejoined the land of the living and I can't wait to get back to my regular routine.

I even had the nerve to lose weight. I will say that losing my appetite made me take a hard look at snacking habits. Okay, maybe it was a medium-hard look.

Hope you all are well...

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing. When you're well it's hard to remember how absolutely miserable it is to be sick. Take care and get better.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for feeling better! i know on days when i don't have much of an appetite and can do well without eating much, it really makes me assess my eating habits on other days....like was i just eating because i was bored or tired or stressed?
    anyway, welcome back to the land of the living! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gingersnapper,

    ♥ Thanks. Who says that cough syrup is the best medicine? ☺ That's so true what you said about being well...


    @Angela,

    I was feeling better then had a relapse. I think this time is for real.


    @Heather,

    Thanks for the welcome.

    I'm gonna have to say that I was eating some things out of boredom. I definitely don't want to go back to eating the way I was eating before I got sick.

    ReplyDelete