Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let's Twist

And my yoga teacher was not talking about Chubby Checker.

We did a little bit of this move -- sort of but without a chair; body twisted, hands together with one elbow pointing toward the ground and the other toward the sky:





We always do shoulder shrugs and rolls. And who knew that shrugging and rolling one's shoulders while breathing could be so beneficial?









Favorite lesson of the night: be gentle to your neck. Hope that you all regularly get in a fair of amount of twisting, shrugging and rolling...




*Disclosure: I received YSS
without charge at a time when I wasn't doing yoga on a regular basis. Now, it's me and the cards and I'm going to use them in small and big places.

2 comments:

  1. I'm digging your illustrations :) I need to find a studio, but until then I'm taking advantage of all the free videos on ExerciseTV. The twists feel good! I don't know what it is, but my back must be so tight and that releases all the tension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    I like the illustrations too. The boy with the green t-shirt and scrunched up shoulder makes me smile.

    Exercise TV fell off my radar but I'll have to check it out again.

    Re: the twist, after the initial 'shock,' it feels good to me too.

    ReplyDelete