Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just Row

It's been a week since I went to BodyGo Row and I was biting my nails about whether or not to attend. Hours passed, crickets chirped and I still hadn't signed up. I tried to figure out what intimidates me. Do I fear that I'll be worked out to death??? Maybe I should stop watching the videos about the CrossFit games which seem a bit otherworldly.

I paused for the cause and talked to one of my friends at work while I contemplated going to BodyGo Row or doing something else. My friend wants to get back into yoga but feels like she needs to lose weight before even attempting it. I went into cheerleader mode.

And as I listened to myself cheerleading, I decided right then and there to sign up for BodyGo Row. I can't ask someone else to be courageous and then not follow my own advice.

Speaking of yoga, I slept beautifully last night. So soundly. Here are conclusions that I must draw.

Acupuncture = beautiful sleep
Yoga = beautiful sleep
I arrive at the CrossFit box and Laurie's like You came back.

Me: I'm a glutton for punishment.
We warm up, do a few squats then Laurie writes the workout on the board.

  • Row for 1:30

  • Eight Russian Step-Ups

  • Eight Pull-Ups with Rings


  • Repeat...


  • Row for 1:30

  • Eight Russian Step-Ups

  • Eight Pull-Ups with Rings



  • Repeat, repeat...


    After we finish that series, we do an eight minute set of:

  • Row for 1:00

  • 10 Wall Ball Sit-Ups, 10 lbs (I went for the eight ball but Laurie had other ideas...)

  • Row for 1:00

  • 10 Wall Ball Sit-Ups

  • Row for 1:00

  • 10 Wall Ball Sit-Ups

  • Row for 1:00

  • 10 Wall Ball Sit-Ups


  • The Wall Ball Sit-Ups got to me on minute seven and I didn't get in my last minute of rowing but I fought the good fight. I was better at unstrapping myself (from rower) and heading to the next task. Overall, I felt less clumsy.


    Rowing Tally for Sept. 28th: 2245 meters




    Note: We didn't stand up for our wall ball sit-ups.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment