Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Importance of Getting the First Route In

Apparently, when a flash goes off, Jeremy knows it's me. I know what you're thinking but I was not all up in his face; I used the zoom.

When I rolled out of bed at 8:45 a.m., I wondered about crazy people that hit the climbing gym at 10:00 but, once you get that first route in, the sleepiness fades and you become entertained by mothers who try to coax their kids into climbing with: You use your legs to run and play all day. You have strong legs; keep climbing.

On The Wall


Off The Wall -- Does this make me a dangling modifier?


Patti, Today's Queen of Bouldering


Patti Showing Jessica Yet Another Injury


Jessica Playing Peek-a-boo To See What's On The Other Side of the Route


Went to say goodbye to the pool because fall-like weather is on the horizon. Here are some pics that I took around the pool.








I was surprised when I got to the pool because there was tree-related debris everywhere. There had been a brief but intense storm in the county which I hadn't been aware of. I debated whether or not to get in the pool with all of the debris in it but decided that there are so many chemicals in the pool that it hardly mattered. Needless to say, I had the pool to myself. It felt so right and I felt so good.

I'm also going to miss my post-swimming bowl of watermelon that Hazira usually provided.


It's been a good day. Hope you all can say the same...

2 comments:

  1. I haven;t been climbing in almost two weeks, ever since I think I rebroke my little toe--a combination of a small peg and the tight shoes. Ugh. But, I agree. It totally energizes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the toe heals fast.

    I really like La Sportiva because, so far, they've been the most comfortable climbing shoes that I've found and I LoVe comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete