Thursday, July 26, 2012

Uncanny


Got home yesterday and had lag time before kettlebell class. I felt a bit sleepy but decided to read but after a couple of pages, closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I should have skipped kettlebell class but I hadn't been in over a week and didn't want to miss out on strength training. I was off my game, sullen and could barely keep the stability ball underneath me while trying to do push-ups. Curling my biceps on a TRX-like situation? I couldn't get the movements down. My modified burpees sucked and there was no sting to my scorpion kick.

When I did Russian Step Ups, I was inches away from the mirror and got incredibly disappointed by my reflection...

As I sat in my office today, this woman that I have not seen in a long time, stopped by and she told me that I get smaller and smaller every time she sees me. I was dumbfounded and I told her Funny that you should say that... And cool as a breeze, she said Everything is good; you look good.

What she said to me was so uncanny and it wasn't just what she said -- she kind of had this genuine, easy smile the whole time and she was so calm and warm that it put me at ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment