Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Victorious Breath Day

Today marks the beginning of a new year in my life. The only thing that I planned to do was roll out of the bed and attend Gloria’s 9 a.m. yoga class; everything else was gravy.


We had perfect music at the perfect volume for class. A new pose for me was dragon and I totally felt like one while striking that pose. I didn’t, however, have the wherewithal to be a fire-breathing dragon. Maybe next time.

There was a guy in class that I tweeted about. I called him a champion breather and Cindy tweeted back that no wonder I had a champ in class because Ujjayi breathing translates to victorious breath. I can believe that since I often feel victorious after practicing yoga...

Gloria usually starts her class with that mantra …may all beings be happy and free and she often reads a poem during savasana. She also ends class with a mantra; I never catch all of it but today I caught: may you experience the warmth of love...

From my uncle who texted me at 5:47 a.m. to my friends and family that joined me for a dinner organized at the last minute, I did feel all kinds of warmth. And, bonus, my aunts and mother found something to their liking at the cafe that I chose even though they looked over the menus for a really long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment