Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Exercised Body or April, Month-End Review

Swam from 7 to 8 p.m. last night, showered, went by the store then stopped to see The 'Fugee who was disappointed that I wouldn't stay long. And the lyrics that go through my head the most? Time won't give me time...

On Saturday, I also fretted about time but realized that I had spent two hours bicycling even though I seldom regret time spent in the pursuit of fitness so I turned the fret station off.

There are days when I feel wrecked when the alarm clock goes off and when I get to work, I want to put my head on the desk until I feel rested.

To go to yoga tonight or to do a little spring cleaning and prepare stuff for the American Kidney Foundation pick-up? I could have used the extra time but the tension in my arm, neck and back made the choice an easy one.

Last Tuesday, at an impromptu "party," Asmira and The 'Fugee declared that I had lost weight and, although I've lost five four pounds, I've been struggling with portion control and feeling quite whale-ish. The 'Fugee elaborated by saying that she can tell the difference between my exercised body and her unexercised one. Though visions of being smaller float around in my head, I know that life would be dim without exercise.

Month-End Review:

10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix
Cardio Kickboxing, 2 x's

10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!
10 Minute Stretch, 2 x's

Bicycling, 3 x's

Climbing, 4 x's

Just Walk: 5 Mega Miles
Mile 2: Walk and Tone, 2 x's
Mile 5: Ab Walk, 2 x's

Just Walk: Walk to the Hits, Party Songs
Mile 1, 4 x's
Mile 3, 1 x

P90X
Kenpo X, 2 x's

Swimming, 4 x's

The Gauntlet, #Kettlebell, 2 x's

Treadmill, 2 x's

Walking, 13 x's

Yoga, 15 x's

Zumba, 2 x's

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Culture Club! You are my go-to for music that I haven't heard in forever. Used to love them.

    You're also my go-to for words of wisdom. I think all that yoga has turned you into a very balanced person, or at least one who has tools for restoring balance :-)

    How I perceive my body has SO little to do with my actual weight. When I'm active and eating well, I look in the mirror and see a strong, fit woman. When I'm not, I see a fat old lady. That can change from one day to the next... But the 'Fugee is right; I think people do look very different when exercised versus unexercised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got another one for you -- Miss Me Blind. I could listen to that song over and over.

    Re: tools, yes, I have plenty and I definitely feel more balanced. Thanks. :)

    I will say that, for the most part, when I'm in motion I marvel at the wonder of "it" all.

    ReplyDelete