Friday, May 2, 2014

But Rock On

Let me know about Zumba. I'm going to try to nap for a bit. If you're not going, I'll exercise at home.

My quick email to Alison who didn't know whether or not she was going to make it. Once I got Alison's confirmation email, I rolled out of bed around 6-ish and made preparations for departure.

Alison noticed the sub first. A Zumba sub doesn't make me take notice the same way a yoga sub does. Although, Alicia was pretty noticeable because she rocks an afro of sizable proportions and she looks pretty athletic.

I also learned from my previous stint in Zumba classes that every teacher's routine is different. Duh and goodbye little comfort zone.

It was a fun class. Alicia was part Marine, Paula Abdul, for choreography, and Erykah Badu. Plus, I was pretty sure that she could hold her own among Dancing with the Stars instructors or at a theater production.

As we danced to Pharrell's Happy and I tried to, awkwardly, flow my arms up and down, I thought (while looking in the mirror)  I can do better on the food front but, overall, I left the class happy and singing Floor On Fire.
 

Best quotes of the night:

This woman is trying to kill me. Classmate (leaning against the wall) during song round two.

There are bound to be moments of hilarity but rock on. Alicia about a new routine that she presented.


And a quote about teachers:

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater. Gail Godwin

No comments:

Post a Comment