Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Faux Crux

Got home, took off my jewelry (earrings and necklace with the yoga pendant), took off my clothes, crawled under the covers and touched Sound of Invisible Water which is in my Relaxation, Deuter (Mostly) playlist.

Woke up at 5:21 p.m. and asked myself who had initiated the impending climbing session. Rolled out of bed, looked for my glasses then ate an almond butter and preserves sandwich then headed out.

I am hoarse and feeling foggy-headed. Thought the hoarseness might be a result of the bike ride through the floating white stuff. I don't have a full-blown cold but...

I managed to work my way up routes but not sure how.

As Patti tied in and I secured my Air Traffic Control device, we heard Frank tell James That's not the hard part; the next part is the hard part. Belayers say the darnedest things.

Came home and drew a bath because I thought salt water would make me feel better. I was surprised to see that Dr. Teal's Epsom salt now has a velcro seal. It's the kind of thing that makes me think only in America... It does seal the heck out of the bag though...


Been thinking about Maya Angelou. I often quote Angelou's When you know better, you do better to the 'Fugee.

That particular quote makes me have more compassion for myself. It's also a challenge to do better by others.

I've always remembered a line from Angelou's poem No Loser, No Weeper. She talks about losing things -- a dime or a doll.
"Now if I felt that way bout a watch and a toy,
What you think I feel about my lover-boy?..."



No comments:

Post a Comment