Thursday, July 31, 2014

Anyhoo or Month-End Review, July

Went to outdoor yoga class and no teacher. She might have canceled on Facebook but since I don't have an account, I wouldn't know. This woman named Gabrielle led us and, after practice, I asked her if she was in teacher training or a teacher and she said no.

Gabrielle seemed to know a lot even though she did crack me up when she said that if we needed rest, we could go into baby's pose. What's that pose called? she asked.

Left the park and headed to Zumba where I expected Shawny but, no, there was Barbara, the second sub in three weeks.

This woman asked me if I attended Zumba on a regular basis. She wanted to know if learning the steps gets any easier. Told her that since I'd been going to Shawny's class, there were a few songs that Shawny liked and because of repetition, I knew what to expect. To my surprise, she asked me again -- Does it get any easier? She went on to explain that there was a woman in her class that seemed to know every single step and, actually, there's a woman in my class who has similar skills.

Barbara did do a lot of teaching which still didn't help me to make my way through the Mariah Carey Slide. Didn't even know that such a slide existed...

Went out to lunch with my colleague and our intern who had filled in the understaffed gap. I was happy when the intern said that she wanted to go to Lulu's -- my new favorite restaurant. I ordered the Chipotle Black Bean bowl even though I was very tempted to get my usual -- the Buddha Bowl.

Yummy
My colleague offered me tater tots but I declined even though Lulu assured us that they were prepared in the best way possible and fried in peanut oil. I just didn't need to go to Tater Tot Land. Two things that I don't miss or long for include fried foods and soda and I don't want to tamper with that.

Our former intern is from China. I'm going to miss our talks about water elements. I also like how she turned into a storyteller when informing us about Chinese Valentine's Day.

On another note, I'm dragging. Had I know that Sheila wasn't going to be at the helm, I would have skipped yoga and decompressed a bit but anyhoo...

How I moved in July:

10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!
*10 Minute Stretch

Bicycling, 4 x's

Climbing, 3 x's

Just Walk: 5 Mega Miles
*Mile 5: Ab Walk, 1 x

Just Walk: Walk to the Hits, Party Songs
*Mile 1, 3 x's

Kettlebell, 4 x's

P90X
*Kenpo X, 1 x

Stretch Max
*Stability Ball, 1 x

Swimming, 6 x's

Sleek Sculpt Express, 1 x

Walking, 12 x's

Yoga, 11 x's

Zumba, 5 x's



Zumba Fitness: Complete Total-Body Transformation System, 5 x's




No comments:

Post a Comment