Monday, July 20, 2015

Adjust

Weight of the Rain, Crepe Myrtle
I remember two of The Four Agreements:

Don't make assumptions.

Be impeccable with your word.

Saw something on Joy of Yoga's Facebook page that moved me as well:

The Buddha gives us a skillful checklist:
Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind?
Is it the right time?


Practiced yoga tonight with Joy at the helm. She likes to have us use a strap to place around the ball of a foot and the back of our head. She calls it a hammock. Oddly enough, it's relaxing. Joy told us to take the time to find some good i.e. if the hammock didn't feel good, adjust.

Of course, I'm a hedonist-in-training so I love to hear stuff about finding something that feels good.

After our final pose, Joy talked about finding wisdom in The Velveteen Rabbit while reading it to her son -- something about not finding your authentic self until your hair has grown thin. LOL, I'll have to check it out of the library.

I'll have to check out Maya Angelou's Life Doesn't Frighten Me At All too. I've always found it moving...

Guess the hammock worked because after Namaste, no one rushed to move. Think we could have all rolled over and gone to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment