Sunday, July 26, 2015

Could Be

Forest Park
Woke up hard and didn't feel like moving but I think that's my usual Sunday thing. I go into a slug mode state of mind thinking that I can slow down time and delay Monday.

I want to get back to walking the 6.29 mile trail around Forest Park on the weekend so...

Attire stumped me at first. Couldn't find a pair of shorts with pockets then looked in the plastic storage bin under my bed to re-examine a few shorts. One was a pair of Sport-Hills that I had gotten on sale at REI Outlet online specifically for hot yoga. At the time I didn't like them because they made a swish swish sound. I suppose that some of the blame could be attributed to my thick thighs or maybe it's the polyester, nylon, spandex material. At any rate, I like them now and they have three pockets. Guess I lucked out two years ago because I don't see any Bermuda-length Sport-Hills anymore.

My head felt less foggy and I felt energized after being out in nature and listening to podcasts. Dori Samadzai Bonner's asylum story tugged all at the heartstrings. Didn't finish listening to the A Way With Words "Feeling Gruntled" episode but learned about the phrase balloon juice and I like it: a lot of talk with no substance; empty talk; noisy talk. Balloon juice talkers are the worst.





3 comments:

  1. 'Drea, where are you? It's been a week since you posted. I need to read about your doings EVERY single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me smile...

    Blogging was definitely on my mind but I just felt drained and without time management skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's how my week was too. I didn't blog much either. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete