Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Lightness"

Headed to the frenetic outdoor city pool immediately after work yesterday.

Felt so much lighter and at ease. Exercising outdoors really does make a difference. The pool was too crowded to get in proper laps but I didn't get hung up on that. I did water walking when I couldn't find a path...

I'm sure that finishing a task at work also contributed to my feeling of lightness. I've been in my department by my lonesome for almost three weeks. Back-up, where art thou?

I've been remarkably calm during my solo stint. There was an intense moment yesterday but when I returned to me desk, I saw this "moth" at my window and it made be feel better...


There was a break in the weather today so I walked back to work after lunch. It's kind of funny but I don't listen to podcasts until I walk. Ironic that hit play on The Moth's "Farms, Fish Banks and an Iron Roof." One of the storytellers, Lindiwe Majele Sibanda, is from Zimbabwe. Her 80 pound weight gain started when she went to school in London and started eating fast food and drinking sodas. Sibanda's aunt delivers a pivotal smack-down...

This morning I got an e-newsletter which had a picture of me from a yoga event. It's absurd how much weight I've gained back. Damn public yoga events. Ugh, the caged chickens have come home to roost. I cannot believe that I have to start over with this whole weight loss thing again.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you keep a fake plant in the window :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have confidence about keeping that one and the other three fake ones alive.

    ReplyDelete