Tuesday, July 7, 2015

So Fresh, So Chilly

Got to the pool and greeted the youth coaches as their charges exited the water.

As I sat on the edge of the pool, the female coach told me that an electrocuted squirrel caused a power outage and, as a result, the drainage of the pool water. She said that it took nine hours to fill the pool and that the new water was the reason that it was so chilly. I know, nine hours is a lot of water...

It took about four laps to shake off the chill and then I thought about the amazing adaptation skills of the body. I also wondered how they knew about the squirrel. Where did the find him? Was the evidence conclusive?

I have been told before that a squirrel was the cause of a misbehaving phone line at my residence...

As I swam I had Jill Scott, Erykah Badu and Cibo Matto* refrains going through by head. Not sure why Sheila E.'s Glamorous Life came to mind as I picked out my wild hair. I've actually toyed with the idea of getting a waterproof MP3 player but, nah, who needs one?

*Alison's friend mistakenly imbibed hummingbird nectar and now I have Sugar Water stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment