Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Back Burner

After being on my own at work for over three weeks, I decided to have "Treat Yo Self" Friday.

And how do I treat myself? I got more activewear of course. Headed to JC Penney right after work and got the shirt below in anticipation of walking the 6.29 trail at Forest Park knowing that it was going to be above 90 degrees. Sure, I have an outdated sleeveless shirt but I wanted a new one. Hardly wear sleeveless shirts but I'm trying to stay cool and put my concerns about body scars on the back burner... Actually, I burned myself with the iron on Friday morning so put another check in the scar column.



Alison and I hit the park at 9:30 a.m. and it was already toasty but we marched on and survived. Spotted someone barbecuing and I said that there's no way that I would barbecue on a day like today and Alison said Not unless I had on an ice cube suit.

Segways at rest in front of MO History Museum


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, look at all those Segways. I'll bet they offer tours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely thought about you when I saw them...

    ReplyDelete