Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Little Yellow Tag

As I got dressed for work on Friday, my shoulder blade had a different idea. Didn't think that I would be able to get my shirt over my head but I sat there and tried to take deep breaths. Only, I couldn't take a deep breath and when I attempted to, it made me feel the discomfort in the shoulder blade. Eventually, the sensation lessened enough for me to get out the door. Who's stressed out?

Last night the 'Fugee went to a concert so I went to Macy's looking for cross trainers because I have a Macy's gift certificate but I haven't been able to find any clothes or shoes there that I like. Headed to Marshalls and was shocked to see Asmira because I thought she had gone to the same concert that the 'Fugee went to.

Asmira was doing what a lot of the diaspora does -- buy clothes for folks in Bosnia. After I said goodbye to Asmira, ran into another Bosnian who happens to be a fitness machine and talking to her got me motivated to up my bicycling game.

Went to Zumba this morning and it was a big and super fun class. Alisha's energy is off the chart. This woman from Nepal is a gym newbie who hadn't been in three weeks but her husband noticed and said something about paying without attendance so she is recommitting herself but it's not her recommitting that I found touching; it was the story that she told me about changing jobs. She took a lower paying job to work with her sister who is a new arrival and who had to spend long hours away from home because she had to rely on public transportation...

At Marshall's yesterday, I had to resist the urge to buy a reusable bag that I didn't need and, today, I bought Capri that Asmira would not have approved of because they didn't have a yellow tag.

Also, not sure why Marshalls has such bright lights in their dressing rooms. Seriously? I don't need everything illuminated.

Reusable Bag

Under Armour Capri


4 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I really, really need to go clothes shopping. One of my least favorite activities. Also need sandals; the old pair was so horrible and smelly I finally put them in the trash.

    I haven't looked in a Marshall's in a while. I usually automatically head to Dress Barn because I know I'll be able to find something in my size. Maybe I should expand my shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, what happened with your shoulder? An injury, or did you just sleep weird?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm going to check out Dress Barn because it's a store that falls off my radar. I had the most luck at J C Penny last year but nothing this time around.

    Stress hits me -- hard -- in my shoulders. You wouldn't think that stress has that much power but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I would totally believe that!

    ReplyDelete