Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Inspired

Chose swimming over yoga last night -- rough decision -- but I'm looking at incorporating a yoga class that I don't normally go to later on in the week.

Alison doesn't usually go to yoga on Tuesdays but, of course, I got an email from her saying that she was going which made my decision even rougher. Also felt like a bit of a traitor as I walked into the pool but I was addressed as if I'd never left. And guess what? Chatty Kathleen was back. Hadn't seen her in almost a year...

Someone that I know tweeted last night "Am I wrong to say that I can't wait for the Olympics to end so that I can watch American Ninja Warrior?" And my first thought was to respond -- These Olympians are your warriors. 

I've been enjoying the games and I'll miss the stories and events when the Olympics end.

Loved this New Yorker article about ocean swimming.

But marathon swimming is not so much meditative as combative.

One of my favorite photos is the Michael Phelps/Chad le Clos "stay in your on lane/keep your eyes on the prize" photo.



I love the stories about Olympians helping one other.


Winning...




Not even getting to start...



Hand-standing before diving...


Etc...



And, oh yeah, this is my new favorite commercial!%*&!@ Feeling inspired by it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment