Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Promising

Had the hardest time deciding on whether I was going to swim or practice yoga tonight but I never feel right when I don't combine some other exercise with yoga. Lack of cardio plus the fact that I felt hot led me to the pool.

When I got to the pool, didn't feel like I was capable of swimming a single lap...

Spotted a faint rainbow and you would have thought I'd spotted a famous author. What is it about rainbows?

I had no intention whatsoever of swimming a mile. A weeknight? No way.  But I found myself at lap 25 which is close enough to 33 to make me want to go for it.

Of course, I hit the proverbial wall but I swam over it and got into a zone. It felt so good. Feel like I've been on autopilot with so many things --  going through the motions. Hope that tonight was a breakthrough and I hope that the lifeguards weren't miffed that I was the last one in the pool and stayed longer than I usually do.

2 comments:

  1. The lifeguards were probably happy they got to stay outside on such a pretty evening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back at the indoor pool -- admired rainbow on the way in...

    ReplyDelete