Saturday, February 18, 2012

Watch the Breath Go In...Watch the Breath Go Out...

Things that I thought about before Hot Yoga:

Whatever you’re feeling in your head, your body is going to follow.

Bob Harper told one of his trainees that on The Biggest Loser and, of course, this Cindyism also popped into my head:

Don't let your mind write stories.
This newbie with asthma wanted to dip her toes into the sweat drenched studio that is Hot Yoga but was concerned so I got one more thing to think about when Dr. B told her, among other things:

Don't anticipate anything bad.
I still got my butt kicked.

I saw this tweet earlier by Bikram Yoga North Texas:

Have you had your 90 minute moving meditation today? Come sweat with us.


I like the concept of moving meditation...

At one point during class, Jeremy said: Watch the breath go in. Watch the breath go out.

Why, oh why, did that remind me of Otis Redding's Sitting on The Dock of the Bay?

Jeremy also said something very simple but helpful during bow pose. He said to push your feet into your hands. Prior to that, I've felt like my thighs were stuck in quicksand. That's not to say that they were all that elevated after his comment but I was definitely able to lift them...a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment