Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Clear Your Mind And Your ... Will Follow

After yoga I wanted to, as Cindy advised in class, let it go with an encore of inhaling, raising my arms, swan diving and exhaling. Also, I could not stop singing after class...

When I got to the studio, it was not crowded and the class never filled up. There ended up being twelve of us. The possibility of a wintry mix probably kept people at home. It's totally nice to have an uncrowded class and to have an unobstructed view of yourself in the mirror. Wait, did I just write that???

Cindy was on a roll tonight and her oft-repeated mantra was clear your mind. She told us to stop thinking about work, to stop thinking about other things that might be bugging us and she said my favorite Cindyism: don't let your mind write little stories.

She also reminded us to activate our palms in mountain, to use our breath as a barometer and if we couldn't breathe while in a pose that meant that we were trying too hard which didn't mean that she didn't push us.

During the first round, we were testing the water. This time, we're diving in....I saw where you were at the first time...go deeper...
As she gave instructions for cobra, she told us that we could pretend to be a mermaid or a cobra -- whatever worked for us...You had to be there but it was funny when she said it.

And speaking of instructions, Cindy is great at giving them. I was able to hold my plank much longer because I listened to her instructions -- table top, fingers splayed out, no swayed back etc. etc. I also felt more solid in triangle pose...Cindy had us cracking up when she told us that we could practice the plank at home. At the 80 minute point in class, no one wants to hear any p words...

Here's something that you might not know about me: I break into song if I hear a line that reminds me of one. Ask me "When will I see you...?" and I'll start singing The Supremes. So, when Cindy reminded us gaze on the forehead in the mirror -- it was enough to make me think about this song:




Now, if I can just wind down -- that would be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment