Saturday, February 11, 2012

You Know What They Say About Hip Openers

It was a Jeremy-free yoga session and Cindy was the captain of the ship. Actually, she reminded me of a flight attendant:

Legs in the upright position. Feet as if they're walking on the ceiling. Arms parallel to feet and we're here for five, four, three, two, one...Halfway down for five, four, three, two, one...two inches above the floor for five, four, three, two, one...exhale and bring your knees to your chest. Inhale...arms above head. Exhale with two breaths, touch your toes and spin back around.

Cindy was her usual on point self urging us to clear our minds. She made me laugh during cobra when she told us everything off the ground except for hips unless we were good at levitating.

Despite the good advice, I felt like I was going through the motions in class and never got in touch with Ujjayi breathing. And, yes, I write stuff like that now. After 90 minutes of yoga, my mood turned pissy. Maybe it's hormones, the hip openers or both.

Before savasana started, Cindy told us to take a moment and appreciate what our bodies had done. Maybe I was too tired to move or too tired to notice but there were only two people in the room when I finally emerged from savasana. Perhaps another round of savasana is in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment