Thursday, March 14, 2013

Air-Baked But...

While planning to travel, I often wonder whether it's worth it or not. I think about the people and activities that I will miss and the drama of packing but when I reach my destination, I know that traveling is worth it -- especially when you're taking up residence in a  leisure city where everyone's incredibly relaxed,  friendly and generous.

As I looked for attractions to see and activities to do, I had to remind myself that it's impossible to do everything during one trip. I didn't get to walk across a certain bridge and I didn't get to walk in a certain park but I did plenty of other things including sit on the balcony for a spell and just relax.

Initially, I looked for kettlebell classes and could only find them at CrossFit boxes but I didn't want to infiltrate a CrossFit for such a short period of time. In addition, Marisa kicked my butt so thoroughly before I left town that it wasn't such a bad idea to take a break from the 'bells.

For exercise, I mostly walked and my favorite vacation walk of all was trudging through the sand. I didn't do too bad with food but I definitely indulged.

Aquatic Oasis -- I Want One of These in My Hometown

Hoop Dreams After Pool Time
More Than One Way to Roll
The Fries Were Air-Baked But...

No comments:

Post a Comment