Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Right Choice

Sculpture at Community Center
Between attending a workshop last weekend and preparing for traveling, there has been virtually no exercising going on in my neck of the woods except for walking through the airport.

I woke up around 5:45 a.m. STL time and I very seldom wake up that early and, if I do, I'm able to hunker down for a second session of sleep. Not today. Since I was up and alert, I did a self chakra connection hoping that would settle me down. Later on,  headed out for a 9 a.m. yoga class which definitely settled me down.

When I got to the community center, this woman was in the process of renewing her class card. The clerk asked if she could help me. I want to attend the yoga class, I tell her. You made the right choice, the class card woman said. The clerk told me that my new BFF would lead the way to the studio and she did. She also pointed out the yoga teacher and opened the closet that held mats, stability balls and resistance bands then flashed a really warm smile. I felt totally at home in a class 35 strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment