Friday, March 29, 2013

Letting Go of Muscular Energy

One of the studios that I go to changed the schedule so I've been looking for another class and had my eye on Yoga with Meditation but it was the meditation part that made me hesitant.

I'm not opposed to meditation but I already feel like my yoga practice is meditative and, as an introvert, I spend a lot of time in my head already.

Uncertainty aside, I am at a point where I'm braver about venturing out of my comfort zone. Yoga with Meditation is taught by my Cindy's teacher, Jen, so I had added incentive to try the class.

I went to YWM for the second time yesterday. I felt bone-tired and fantasized about staying in child's pose or savasana the whole time...

As it turns out, meditating right before practicing is a good way to get all nice and centered. I made it through all variations of downward facing dog -- the bread and butter of yoga poses -- to savasana.

At the start of savasana, Jen said that We're going to let go of muscular energy in the body. During a quick scan, I realized that I was still holding on -- feet as upright as a freezer. When I'm prompted, though, I'm usually able to let go.

I had such a solid night of sleep and felt as if I had enough rest -- a feeling that's been missing for days...

Saw this video, perhaps a reason for not enough sleep, about Cameron Russells. Liked a lot of what she had to say.


1 comment:

  1. It was a nice article. Well, I do yoga in my spare time. Since because of my busy schedule I hardy have been getting time to do regularly. However, there is one thing I want to share to those people who are just like me. If they also don't get time to do meditation and yoga, they can do just one exercise, for 3 minutes daily. It is a complete yoga in itself. It is called "Headstand". Search on Google for more information about it.

    Regards,
    Henry Jordan

    ReplyDelete