Saturday, February 8, 2014

It Seems to Stimulate Appetite

Watched Peace, Love and Misunderstanding with The 'Fugee last night. She really liked it. I would give it about 2.5 stars out of 5.

As I was about to get in my car, The 'Fugee asked You're not going swimming tomorrow are you? It was as if The 'Fugee were talking about promaja a.k.a. the dreaded draft that Bosnians fear. You need to protect yourself from promaja or you might get sick.

My swimming bag has been packed for a very long time -- since December. Yes, 'Fugee, I went swimming and, lest you think that I was alone, there was a mother with her infant in the pool. Also Jackie, the marathoner, joined me (in my roomy lane) at the 17 lap mark. Jackie had run a marathon this morning and her knee was bothering her. Jackie, who alleviates her knee tweak (after surgery for a torn meniscus) with swimming, said it was totally colder this morning.

Equate's Dove Version, *****

Went to yoga after swimming and the yoga session almost killed my swimming buzz. The population of the class had exploded. Plus, the room is oddly built so, with that many people, it gives off a claustrophobic vibe. The building was so packed it looked liked a shoe outlet and, as I got dressed, a Band-Aid attached itself to me, ewww. Guess I can't be Zen'd out after every yoga class but I would like to leave without sharing someone else's Band-Aid or the room being so crowded that people are stepping on my mat.

Even a joke that I would normally laugh at (about us being a swarm) in locust pose fell on deaf ears. Hoping to take things in stride, again, sometime in the near future...

Just read this article in the New York Times about the benefits of swimming vs. other activities. The crux of the article for me: It seems to stimulate appetite according Dr. Tanaka who is the director of the Cardiovascular Aging Research Laboratory. Therefore, ergo, watch out for post-swimming hunger if you're trying to maintain or lose weight.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely experience that with swimming.
    I swim still but I know it's coming :-0

    ReplyDelete