Saturday, August 22, 2015

I Can Stand The Rain

Alison At The Top of a Mini Hill
Alison and I had a 10:00 a.m. bicycling date. At about 9:15 got a message from Alison that it was drizzling heavily in her area.

The only thing that I'd noticed about the forecast was the mildness but, of course, there was a 90% chance of rain at 10:00 a.m. but a low possibility for the rest of the day.

We could have gone to Zumba but, being the stubborn person that I am, asked Alison to meet me at the riverfront anyway. We stayed in the car for about 10 minutes as it drizzled then headed out. Around mile 2.5 the sky got very interesting so we stopped at mile three where the visitor's center is at; it's the only shelter along the trail and we stayed there until the sky opened up.

Talked to the staff, listened to the rain and headed out when the rain subsided. Of course, it started drizzling again but we were already wet from the get-go because neither of us had towels to even wipe off our bike seats. We sang Singing in the Rain and Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head quite a bit.

We had mud on our bags, body and clothes but we had a fun time and I felt more energetic and happy after our bike ride even though the workout was cut short. Later on someone told me that the rain can be cleansing. It certainly felt that way. If I had been keeping track this week, today's bicycling outing would be a high note on the happiness graph for sure.

How To Add More Meaning...

Red Rocks???

The Mighty Mississippi River

No comments:

Post a Comment