Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Moon Was Out

July 28th
I remember the delight of walking outside to lightness at 8:00 p.m. on July 28th. Different story yesterday because the moon was out. Not that I don't dig the moon and I'm definitely enjoying the fall-like weather except for the whole thing of wanting to swim outdoors a little longer...

As I walked home from work, kept taking pictures of the sky and the weather was so perfect that I couldn't resist hopping on my bike and taking a spin around the park too...

At some point discovered that Elizabeth Gilbert is on Instagram then discovered that she has a podcast. Further discovered that the podcast is new and tied to her soon-to-be-released book.


In the podcast, Do What Ignites Your Soul, Gilbert sounds like a personal coach and, at one point, jokingly refers to herself as a fairy godmother. Personal coach? Fairy Godmother? Not sure...but I like what she told the advice seeker about her accelerating on the runway via certain steps but it was time for her to take off and fly. Gilbert's podcast made me think of Cheryl Strayed's new book.

Also listened to Ron Funches' Autistic Son Loves Oreos With Bacon, a Sporkful episode. I'd never heard of Funches and couldn't really get into the comedy sound bites so I'll have to check out one of his longer sessions to see if his comedy resonates but maybe nothing should be funny today.



No comments:

Post a Comment