Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Instant Karma


I was teasing Jessica, one of my 9 to 5 comrades, about her anger. Well, little did I know...

After work, I headed to the Wohl Center to swim. First, the security was a little beefed up. Hmmm, what was up with that? I headed back to the pool and the door to the staff office was closed. No signs, nothing and, not to be deterred, I checked the locker room door and it was open. I figured that by the time I changed into my swimming gear, a lifeguard would appear. Not. I also pinpoint the noise that I've been hearing. There is water being pumped into the pool. Not a good sign for someone who wants to be in the pool.

While I'm waiting for a sign of life, I notice how nice the pool area is because I'm seeing the light stream through for the first time since the days have gotten longer. There's one whole wall of block glass and the rest is regular glass; it's literally a glass pool house.

The lifeguard finally appeared and said the pool was semi-open. Hunh? The water was not warm enough because someone did not adjust the temperature in a timely fashion and there's a chlorine glitch too. After the unscheduled pool draining, I was not expecting any other problems so soon.

I was utterly and completely annoyed since I had trekked from the South side to the North side and I couldn't even head straight to the gym without my other set of workout stuff: MP3 player, towel, socks and tennis shoes.

I was angry because my plans felt wrecked and my schedule is such a tightrope act these days. I was beginning to feel like David Banner when he's spiraling out of control and not even Outkast was working any magic. I had a lot of energy and no outlet. It would have been so satisfying to make contact with a punching bag.

I went home and thought about working out to a dvd but I'm having converter box/dvd compatibility problems and trouble with the computer dvd-r as well. I eventually regrouped and headed to Webster Groves to work out. It was crowded at 7:30 p.m. and the three working AMT's were spoken for. Perfect. I decided to take my fury to the StairMaster and, let me tell you, they don't call it the StairMaster for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment