Thursday, January 29, 2009

One for the Books

Well, I went to my last rock climbing class and I'm officially in the Center of Clayton's book as a certified belayer.

It was a good class. I felt more relaxed and I tried a few new things.

In order to wake himself up, Instructor "J" decided to climb without using his legs which was quite impressive. I got exhausted just watching him.

In talking about technique, "J" mentioned speed climber Dan Osman and suggested looking up some videos on YouTube. As soon as I saw the first video of Osman climbing, I knew how his biography would end and, sure enough, I googled his name and everything was in the past tense.

In 1998, Osman died in Yosemite National Park.

I definitely don't planning on doing any outdoor climbing anytime soon.

Here are some ascent pics from my last class and, yes, I made it to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment