Monday, January 12, 2009

So Hard to Say Goodbye to Pomegranates


It seems like pomegranates just appeared in the stores and, now, the only pomegranates that I can find are dried out ones in Sappington Farmers' Market.

Ironically, I just picked up Cooking Light Complete Cookbook: A Fresh New Way to Cook and it suggested freezing the seeds -- if only I had known.

It looks like I'm going to have to say goodbye to pomegranates. Of course, I can resort to POM Wonderful but I'll miss the ceremony of splitting them apart, extracting the seeds, cleaning the CSI-like splatter from the white walls and my clothes and wiping the floor because of the inevitable renegade seed that gets squished. Even though I'm not a huge fan of pomp and circumstance, I like it when it comes to pomegranates.

In honor of this special fruit, here's a haiku:

Oh pomegranate, an
Ornament in so many
Ways: abundant, bright, sweet

Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment