Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cooking Outside The Bag

Lately, I've been relying on food in bags like Trader Joe's Marinated Chicken, Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetables and Alexia Oven Fries etc. for dinner.

I tired of cooking even though I'm constantly getting cookbooks from the library.

And, sometimes, by the time I get home from the gym, I don't even feel like warming anything up; I just make a sandwich and have some Wasa crackers and hummus on the side.

I saw No-Cheese Lasagna in Bob Greene's cookbook and finally decided to try it.

Bob Greene's No-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna

The most labor intensive part of this recipe was chopping the onions, garlic and tomatoes. Blending the basil,


almonds, walnuts and onions etc. was a bit messy but the flavor it produces is definitely worth the disorder. The basil mixture actually had a cheese-like consistency. I thought about sprinkling some Parmesan on the finished product but the No-Cheese situation held its own.

I would make this recipe again but I would add, at least, mushrooms to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment