Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Few Things That 'Drea Knows For Sure

I second guess myself no matter how many plateaus I've encountered.

Should I or shouldn't I take a multivitamin?

Am I drinking enough water?

I wonder if I'm eating too many fat grams or not eating enough at all.

I think about getting back to basics: army crawls and planks with weights.

I ponder giving in to Papa John's at work-related training sessions instead of looking like an oddball pulling my lunch and snacks out of multiple containers.

I know that exercise is good for me, period. I know that I'm more resilient.

Still, I was relieved when I finally blasted through this most recent plateau and I believe my newest addiction, bicycling, helped me get over the hump.

Serendipity is amazing.

I was reading through old e-mails and came across this post, Love Life, Not Stuff, from Zen Habits. I love this quote:

Rediscover a passion for life. Get outside and feel nature, appreciate the beauty of the world around you. Get active, do some gardening or yardwork, play a sport, go for a walk, take a hike, go for a swim, ride a bike. Feel the life coursing through you. Breathe it in.

And this simple question posed on Twitter by TriathleteMag moved me:

Do you know what you're capable of?

TriathleteMag, I'm definitely trying to find out.

Here are some pictures from this afternoon's bike ride in Tower Grove Park where I stopped to smell the proverbial roses along the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment